Thursday, July 8, 2010

..."Hey! I just saw a giant crayfish"...

My fiancee phoned me yesturday to tell me that I was missing the mardi gras parade (from the Jazz Festival) which I had wanted to see. "Hey I just saw a giant crayfish!" were the first words that Ziggy said to me on the phone. The crayfish is my very talented friend Hala on jumping stilts.

I completely forgot about the parade, I had been working hard in my studio & office (and trying not to melt away in the heat wave). So I rushed up to Saint Catherine Street but as I suspected, I got there just in time to see the end of the parade! ...Oh sigh... I caught the tale end of the choir! But according to Ziggy, it was an awesome and fun parade which he watched from high up in the Concordia University engineering department above the crowds with a good view.



UPCOMING EVENT
This saturday I will be offering henna body art, and selling henna greeting cards, posters, & postcards at Le Festival du Monde Arabe. The festival will be held at Parc Jean Drapeau. Come by, say hi to me and enjoy the activities! The festival is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment