Thursday, March 7, 2013

Regeneration Body Cream Recipe

The following recipe is quoted from:  Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self by Stephanie Tourles.

I love this recipe; I work with my hands all the time as a multi disciplinary artist. My hands had become like sandpaper, it only took two applications of this cream for my hands to become baby soft, I was so stunned. 

Based on my understanding of the research I have done into the individual ingredients (which I recommend anyone making this cream should do so they understand the relationship between the ingredients), this cream should also be good for preventing stretch marks on pregnant women.

 I did alter this recipe based on my research, but I don't know where I put that recipe, so I included notes based off my memory of what I did differently.

Rich & Royal Regeneration Flower Cream

This is an intensely fragrant, luxurious cream fit for a queen! Though the recipe makes only a small amount, a little goes a long way. The exotically aromatic essential oils & rose hip seed base oil are healing & nourishing & act as a cellular regenerators. The natural & therapueutic floral essence of this cream transcends on irritating synthetic fragrance any day.

2 tbsp almond, soybean or macadamia nut base oil (I used almond, but added extra virgin coconut oil because it is antifungal & antibacterial)

2 tsp rose hip seed base oil

1 1/2 tsp beeswax

1 tbsp distilled water or rose, rose geranium or neroli hydrosol (I used rose water from the indian store)

1 small vitamin E oil capsule (optional) (I didn't do this because after researching all the other ingredients, I decided it wasn't necessary but did include some olive instead because olive oil absorbs really well into the skin because it's the closest thing to the oil our body produces)

10 drops lavender or geranium essential oil (I went with lavender)

10 drops neroli essential oil (type of orange oil; any orange oil will work, but be forewarned that this is only suitable to use for winter or night time use in the summer because it will increase photosensitivity; but this oil in combination with the properties of the other eq's & oils, butters etc is part of what makes it so highly regenerative)

5-10 drops ylang ylang essential oil

(I am sure I also blended in some cocoa butter & shae butter, even though the recipe didn't call for it, after researching the ingredients, I felt this would be complimentary but also I just really wanted to try it but I don't remember what ratios I figured out to keep it in balance with the rest of the recipe; but I have to find my original notes to see if I am right, but my guess would have been that if I did do that, probably 1 tbsp each or something).

HEAT:
In a small saucepan over low heat or in a double boiler, warm the base oils and beeswax until the wax is just melted. In another pan, warm the water or hydrosol.

COOL:
Remove both pans from heat and allow their contents to cool almost to body temperature, until the oils/wax mixture just begins to thicken but is still liquid.

BLEND:
Very quickly, drizzle the hydrosol into the oils/wax mixture while stirring or whisking rapidly. (Unlike many of the other cream & lotion recipes, this recipe doesn't require a blender, though an extra pair of hands is helpful at this juncture). Continue rapidly stirring the cream for 2 to 4 minutes, or until a pale-yellow emulsion forms. Pierce the vitamin E capsule (if using) and squeeze the contents into the cream, add the eq's (essential oils) and rapidly stir for another 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is cool. This recipe really gives your forearm a workwork! You should now have a moderately thick, shiny cream.

PACAKAGE & COOL:
Spoon cream into a beautiful storage container - it looks best in a cobalt-blue glass jar. The product should be cool enough to allow you to cap the jar immediately so none of the volatile, rejuvenating essential oil products can escape into the air.

Allow the cream to set & synergize, for about an hour prior to use. No refrigeration is required if the cream is used within 30 days. It will last for 3-6 months if refrigerated.

Note: It's the water that makes it last that length of time, if you want it to last longer, then don't add the water. The water just gives a really interesting refreshing quality when you apply the cream to your skin, but I dont' think it's essential to the healing powers of the product.

Application Tips:
This cream is highly concentrated; you'll need only a pea-sized amount to cover the face & throat & a little more to cover the decollete & breasts if you wish. Before applying, first rub the cream between your palms to warm it, then massage it into the skin.

Stretch marks can be prevented if this cream is used regularly as the body changes are occurring that would normally cause stretch marks. So for example, if a pregnant women uses this cream through the entire pregnancy (perhaps altered slightly to the sensitivities that pregnant women have), it would for sure prevent 90% of the stretch marks maybe more.

If you take the time to study the individual ingredients & begin to understand how they function with the body, you can start to make your recipes for specific needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment