Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Oblong Echo

If fuzzy memory serves me, I think I would have written this creative writing piece in the autumn of 2004... Except that I haven't taken the time to do so, (other then the first painting), I'd like to turn this into a graphic novel of some kind perhaps at some point. I did take the time in 2005 to break it down into pages, in terms of lay-out and was trying to plan out the images but if I were to follow through with the project I had in mind, I think I would need to create around 50 paintings or multi-media images... Can certainly be done, but with my idea-machine-over-excitement-impulsive-want-to-take-on-the-world....... I am working on focus and chewing on thing at a time.... or perhaps three or four things, but hey, it's better then what I was doing... Progress is progress, right?

OBLONG ECHO


I found out what happens when you jump down the Alice Hole…
Follow the white rabbit… I followed a snail instead
Rather the snail that changed and shifted…
Through room after room I became bigger and smaller
Never fall but fall forever until you meet yourself in the beginning…
it never happened because it always happened
meeting yourself in the mirror
never ending never ending never beginning so that it could happen
But something strange, something strange
something random and true
walk through the mirror
and can it ever feel true because it begins if it ends and it ends
when it begins
can it begin if it never ends
I will continue to do the things that I did as a child
I am all ages at once
And in comes the oblong man
Wobbling in an oblong way
Dickering and dackering,
dealing with the pecker checker
Questions create answers strange
open doors in walls between
when it rings
rooting and roving
water the well
help it grow help it grow
Exchange life for death
Exchange death for life
Exchange
Lift high fly high live forever life
Am I the wandering fool
Wandering wondering learning
Diving in
Am I the wandering fool
who strolls where others fear to stride
Follow the sound of the river
Dive in the well dive in
Follow the flow of the river
Keep balance walking in an oblong way
Wander away slide, slide away slide
Roving flowing following the gypsy ghost lights
down towards the light
at the bottom there is something shiney
swimming something shiney
something shines
swim something shines and winks at me
reaching hands toward the light
Reawaken
Wake the fire within
Stars above
Dance all night
Stars above
The rabbit hole
Where does it end up
The hole that doesn't end
wanders around around doesn't end
Wandering round around sound surround resound
Swimming resounding around the light
Catch the light
Wander awake
I can see sleep walkers
Wake up
I am awake
Walking through the mirror
The dream that never ends
Doorway
This is twighlight
Twigs and wigs will settle down
able to the maple tree
dance between
flanked by hot and cold and the winds that blow away
leaves and blades
the blade that doesn't cut
found the blade that cuts
and the trail echoed through centuries
illusion or delusion
which side of the mirror did you come from anyway?
Which side of the moon watches you sleep?
Does the moon watch you wake?
Watch the sun; does it turn you blind?
Which side of the sun do you like better?
I prefer all directions at once
All elements at once
I am the dancing shadow
She who dreams and whispers in the in between
She who helps the dead man cross over
The river styx was my childhood companion
And I know and I speak with the river man
He speaks to me when I sleep
And sings to me when I am awake
I fall into his voice likened to the murmur of the river
As I walk through the mirror chasing mirrors
falling through mirrors
I awake
Light in my eyes
Can't see
Too bright
Light in my eyes
And the walls are closing in
When I awake at night
I like the night because then I can see the lights
Swimming towards the bottom
I find the river
Sister pulls me aside
Air that lifts
lifts me high
Coming towards the earth
I fall awake
I awake
Fallen through the mirror of myself
I awake
And find myself likened to the marionette
Marionette
These programs choke and rip while they winde in the wind
I like Marionette when she's stands 12 feet tall and opens her eyes
The program that bends programs that bind
Laughter dances across the web
Marionette is bending like music
bends with the oblong man living beneath the leaves that weave above
laughing water
the river man awoke the marionette when he set fire to her strings
fire danced burn away strings that bind and winde
little wee ones chide the childe
so what did the wandering well tell me when it whispered away in the
wind that wound?
Don't be afraid of the spirit fires that burn from within
The spirit of time is nothing when sped by the spirit of love
Love that has lit the fire within the water
the fire that doesn't drown and dances with life
it is moon fire
dancing like the snake charmer's eyes when laughter reveals the wisdom of tides
I and me and myself walked backwards following the flow of the river
Breaking through the mirror
The moon and the sun were one
when the oblong man stood in the sand and sang to the tides
tides that turn and spin like the light within
and I dare not swim to awake in my bed
I don't want to be safe within the dream
I want to live in Rabbit's hole that looks so black from afar
go within it is light and whole
And dreams got caught in my mouth when I tried to speak
And I fall
Through the dream
That falls through my mouth
When I tried to speak
And I never stopped loving you
touched the moss around my feet
caress the air I sing
swim the seven seas
flying through the dreams
tend my fires so I won't stumble in dreams that tumble
happily ever after happens somehow
go between when it never ends echoing on and on ever in the in between
of the undertow
the candle fell
in the house that never was
stars twinkling twirling and whirling falling forever
landed in the field that didn't end
in the vision of the dream in the secret forest
Pandora's box was hidden in the basement of the house that never was
that landed in the field that didn't end in the vision of the dream in
the secret grove where they tore down the trees to build the house to
fill with greed and bleed the man that never dies
And the man stood on the box
Stood on the box that lives in the house that hid
And Pandora's box silently screamed in the dream that keeps you sane
And it doesn't end because it didn't begin
Listen like the oblong man
Swim between
The walls are breaking down the box
Programs that bend and sway in the wind
when the marionette burns her strings
singing
dreams stumble from my mouth when I try to speak
sitting
I watch the Cheshire cat
Watching
I sit on top of the mirror
Dreams tumble from my mouth when I try to speak
When I try to speak
When I try to speak
Dreams topple from my mouth when I try to speak
When I try to speak
When I try to speak
Echo
Never ending because it never begins because it never ends
Flow away, drift away, caught in the currents
Tales that never end
Echo
The mystery is calling out
Dreams that tumble from my mouth when I try to speak…
Echo
…and it never ends and it never ends and it….
Echo
Dreams get caught in my mouth when I try to speak
I am she who dreams forever because it never ends
Never ends
Cycle the dreams of seasons of changing spirit alignment
And the mystery fell from my mouth when I tried to speak
Who will save the fire when the candle falls


I am the marionette
Who will catch me when I cut my strings
Will I fall or can I stand on my own
It's the question at hand
I never choose to be a marionette
But somehow the dreams that fall from my mouth
Caught around my ankles and I begin to swim
And something pulled me into the current and I lost adrift
In an open sea that caught me and tossed me
I am the marionette
Coming into realization of being
We are
all really one
of many of one of many of one of many
And we seem to contradict ourselves
But existence defies itself
And I am the marionette
Dance and you will set yourself free
Because the strings can only twist and tighten so much
Before they snap
And I am the marionette woken by the keys

And I can try
and will try
Until the winds find their home
How erratic
It was perfectly timed

No comments:

Post a Comment