Monday, March 2, 2009

A healthy body means better quality art....

I have always been focused on self-empowering approaches to personal health care, particularly when treating long term health challenges. I find modern medicine to be very effective with diagnosis and emergency work but have not been pleased with their ability to create solutions. So just over a year ago I decided to try out traditional Chinese medicine.

I discovered a great book called "Healing with Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford. This book is focused on where modern science has been able to confirm and agree with Chinese medicine.

What I like about traditional Chinese medicine is it's holistic approach. It is a combination of herbal treatments, acupuncture, acupressure, skeletal alignment (very similar to chiropractic work), nutrition, and more.



The Chinese medicine doctor that I see is Ethan Murchie at the Montreal Gong-Fu Centre in the mile-end. He has been trained with many teachers in both North & South China; although Mr.Murchie has one main teacher he has worked with for 16 years based out of the North American Tang Shou Tao in Arizona.

I am absolutely ecstatic with the results I have seen with Mr.Murchie; although half of it is what I also achieve in my own life. To truly heal, or re-channel personal health challenges, it is absolutely necessary that I be pro-active. Learning to listen (and act on) to my body's needs has to be approached from all directions; mind, body, & spirit.

The healthier my body gets, the better my art gets.

I recommend anyone who has not been satisfied with what western medicine has had to offer, to please go try out the Montreal Gong-Fu Centre's services; it is money well invested. It isn't easy to be pro-active, but is necessary if you want to get the most out of your health and your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment