Monday, February 23, 2009

at work in the studio...



So I just thought I would give a little sneak peak into what I have been working on in the studio lately.... The photograph above is an earlier stage of the painting below. The painting is not complete; when I do complete it, I will post up the final version...

This painting is based off a photograph by a photographer friend by the name of Jeremy Williams. Originally I had intended to try to literally recreate the painting. Instead, while following the flow of the painting itself (I find painting is an experience that leaves you feeling the painting itself is the guide and wants to become what it always was and I am simply the vehicle for this to happen), what was originally the water became the sky and vice versa; so it's now like a mirror, both alike and opposite to the original photograph. Everything is reversed.












Acrylic on Canvas

2 comments:

  1. Your rendition of this world is beautiful.
    Thank you for expressing your understanding of color and life through art~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff sent April-Anna a message.

    --------------------
    Subject: love your painting

    Hi April-Anna,

    I love the paintings you have made (or facilitated as you describe) from Jeremy's picture. I was there that night and it was magical.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete