Sunday, April 26, 2009

Colour Mundo: upcoming body painting competition!

So the Color Mundo Body Painting competition is coming up in a week; Sunday May 3rd....

This is my second time participating... Competing is such a strange phenomena to me, I don't like competing, and it was a strange, reflective process watching my reactions last year to being in the competative environment... But it's good because all in all it forces me to grow... But I sort of wish that I didn't want to win, but I do want to win!! Why do I want to win??? Is it an ego thing?? I am not sure... exposure? recognitition? animalistic competition??? I have not figured out what my intentions are when I discovered I wish to win...



The theme last year was Ecology and Destruction. This year it is "Fantasy Worlds".

Last year I was actually really stressed out the whole time and way too short on sleep. At 4am, laying there tossing and turning, (I was so nervous about doing the competition) and some very drunk happy people from the auberge were below our bedroom window being way too loudly happy in the beaming heat of the newly arrived summer; hence I did the competition on 1 hour sleep... But I did do my yoga before I went!!! ... LMAO... This year I hope to be happy go lucky, and well slept....

It's super intense competing because you have 5 hours to execute your full head to foot body painting; for anyone who does body painting, you know that it's a marathon to achieve this and make it look good.

Anyways, I am trying to go into this for the fun of it, I am trying to have no attachment to outcome and I hope to make my peers feel comfortable and happy to see me...

That is something I appreciated last year is that the attitudes between competitors is actually very positive and very humble... People were so nice to me, it was really lovely.... I could tell that all the competitors were sad they didn't win but everyone was also very happy for those who did win... It was great!


It's really an opportunity to challenge myself to grow both artistically and personally.... My model this year is Kimberely, (model mayhem #79959); we are doing a test run of the concept I have for the event this tuesday in the studio with photographer Pierre Simard. Kimberely is also a hair stylist and will be doing her own hair.

If you come out to Color Mundo to see the competition, please be sure to stop by and say hello!!

No comments:

Post a Comment